The Flyin Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flyin Dynasty

The Official Forum For The Flyin Dynasty

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyinHawaiian92
Admin
FlyinHawaiian92

The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida Empty
PostSubject: The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida   The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:46 am

This was not Gilbert's finest honor. He threw 8 ints but the defense kept the longhorns in the game. Just when it looked like the momentum was going to swing into the Longhorns corner, Davis fumbled near the end zone. the game looked like it was going to turn into a rout but big turnovers caused by the defense and their big play recievers kept it close. and when the Longhorns came within 7 points to tie up the game with 2 minutes to play, Gilbert once again threw another interception to seal the deal. Here's what Coach had to say after the game:

" This is our second non confrence game that could've been ours. Against Florida St., our defense failed to stop their explosive offense, and now against USF, The offense costed us the game. we could make excuses about how the game was rainy and so we couldnt get a good grip on the ball or the field but were not. we had our chances but we couldnt finish. Even though Gilbert made a few good plays and helped keep the game close, he threw 8 interceptions. That's not acceptable by any means. we dont deserve to win. If your Qb isnt playing well, your whole team isnt playing well. Ints also was a problem for him during the Florida St. and also costed us the game. without good quarterback play, you cant win. we are now 1-2 and out of the Nat'l Championship disscussion. we now have to look to our conference games and win the Big 12 in order to get to a bcs championship. The Qb position will have to be reevaluated if we want to do this. we will look at all options and i'll start the person that will give us the best chance to win. i give alot of credit to USF for playing well out there. their defense was tremendous. we will come back stronger from these two losses. we are going to have to change some things if we want to get back on the right track. We're going to continue to move forward and let the past be the past. HOOK'EM HORNS."
Back to top Go down
https://theflyindynasty.forumotion.com
ChloroformRag

PostSubject: Re: The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida   The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Eight interceptions? Time for the other McCoy to make his Case..
Back to top Go down
gjwhite66

gjwhite66

PostSubject: Re: The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida   The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 am

The picks are crazy this season. Hopefully the patch (or at least some decent sliders) will help that.
Back to top Go down
FlyinHawaiian92
Admin
FlyinHawaiian92

PostSubject: Re: The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida   The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:39 pm

yea i moved them up so it should be a little better if you guys have any slider suggestions tell me i just want to have a realistic and challenging game..
Back to top Go down
https://theflyindynasty.forumotion.com
briguy76

PostSubject: Re: The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida   The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:43 pm

I noticed a huge difference in my week 4 game against K State. Jacory put up respectable numbers with just 2 picks instead of his usual 4 to 5. Threw fro three TDS and almost 400 yds too. Much better stat lines over all. It looks as though player tendencies didn't correct themselves though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida   The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Longhorns lose a wet and wild one in South Florida
Page 1 of 1