The Flyin Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flyin Dynasty

The Official Forum For The Flyin Dynasty

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Return to Glory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FEARtheSPEAR

FEARtheSPEAR

Return to Glory Empty
PostSubject: Return to Glory   Return to Glory I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:12 am

All odds were against #6 Florida State Saturday Night. Heading into the fourth quarter the Seminoles trailed 31-16 without there star quarterback, E.J Manuel, who left the game early in the second quarter due to a concussion. Clint Trickett, who has never thrown a collegiate pass until Saturday night, stepped in and helped the Seminoles rally throwing for 183 yards and 2 TD's on 11 for 18 passing. The Seminoles scored 18 unanswered points in the 4th quarter, including a 47 yard game winning field goal by Dustin Hopkins with 22 seconds remaining.

Final Score: Florida State 34 Clemson 31

Next Week: Bye Week

Heres what coach Hughes had to say:
"I feel like we've already won our top 3 hardest games of the season. I feel like if we can defeat both Miami (Fl) and Florida this year we have a great shot at making the championship game. I could not be more proud of this program than I am right now. Despite the scare we had tonight I know that my guys are mentally ready for a national championship run. Now I dont wanna jinx us, but if E.J Manuel continues to play the way he does and our defense continues to improve I really cant see this group of guys losing. But of course we do realize that in this sport you do have to take everything one week at a time. Right now our goal is to win the ACC Championship, and thats what we will continue to prepare for.."
Back to top Go down

Return to Glory
Page 1 of 1