The Flyin Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flyin Dynasty

The Official Forum For The Flyin Dynasty

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Badgers win with uninspired effort.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
craixe

Badgers win with uninspired effort. Empty
PostSubject: Badgers win with uninspired effort.   Badgers win with uninspired effort. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 pm

The Badgers were able to fend off the upstart northern Illinois Huskies 34-19 with a sloppy, uninspired effort on both sides of the ball.

Wisconsin's offense struggled all day against Northern Illinois' defense which was able to hold all world running back james White to only 86 yards on 26 carries. White was able to get into the endzone twice on the night, rushing for a touchdown late in the game in what can only be described as an attempt to pad his numbers for a potential heisman run, and cathcing a pass on a screen play and rumbling 61 yards for a td behind perfect blocking.

Senior quaterback Russell Wilson was having an excellent game in the 1st quarter going 2 for 3 for 40 yards passing and rushing for 39 yards on 6 carries when he was planted on the turf and injured his back. The team's medical staff estimate he will miss 11 weeks so this injury effectively ends his season. We will have to wait and see what the Badgers coaching staff decides to do but this reporter thinks they will platoon junior curt phillips and sophomore Jon Budmayr until one player sets himself apart with his play.

The Badgers Defense was strong against the run but weak against the pass and this is becoming a trend. Against Northern illinois it was not a huge factor but with TCU coming to Camp Randall next week the coaching staff will have to address this issue during practice this week.

Back to top Go down
fonsoc

fonsoc

PostSubject: Re: Badgers win with uninspired effort.   Badgers win with uninspired effort. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:32 pm

a win is a win
Back to top Go down
gjwhite66

gjwhite66

PostSubject: Re: Badgers win with uninspired effort.   Badgers win with uninspired effort. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:12 am

Don't worry, the injury glitch means your QB will be back in the starting lineup next week. No injuries will last beyond the current week until the new patch gets released.
Back to top Go down
craixe

PostSubject: Re: Badgers win with uninspired effort.   Badgers win with uninspired effort. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:54 am

With my luck the patch will come out before we advance and my guy will stay hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badgers win with uninspired effort.   Badgers win with uninspired effort. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Badgers win with uninspired effort.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Flyin Dynasty :: Year One :: Week 3-
Jump to: