The Flyin Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flyin Dynasty

The Official Forum For The Flyin Dynasty

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChloroformRag

Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn! Empty
PostSubject: Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn!   Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:01 pm

NCAA president Mark Emmert dropped the hammer on the University of Auburn after FBI officials confirmed illegal pay-for-play activity involving former standout quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton. The investigation came to an end just days ago, but disclosure of the findings was not made public until now. Emmert told ESPN's Joe Schad that disciplinary action is imminent, but the severity is unknown.

According to the FBI investigation, bank documentation connected Cecil Newton to three Auburn boosters. The boosters, who were granted anonymity and immunity in exchange for testimony, all confirmed that nearly $200,000 in illegal benefits were accepted by both Cam and Cecil Newton. Head coach Gene Chizik was also implicated by all three boosters who claimed that Chizik had knowledge of the illegal payments.

Auburn University Officials met with Chizik- who offered his resignation. First year assistant Matt James was promoted to Head Coach.

None of the parties could be reached for comment.

Back to top Go down
FlyinHawaiian92
Admin
FlyinHawaiian92

Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn!   Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:21 pm

i knew it, i knew it, i knew it....
Back to top Go down
https://theflyindynasty.forumotion.com

Gene Chizik OUT at Auburn!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Flyin Dynasty :: Year One :: Week 3-
Jump to: