The Official Forum For The Flyin Dynasty

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Maryland Does Best Huh??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
briguy76

PostSubject: What Maryland Does Best Huh??   Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:27 pm

A famous line from the movie Wedding Crashers says "What Maryland does best crab cakes and football!!" Well The Hurricanes beg to differ. Week one brought a hard fought battle between the Mighty Hurricanes and The Terrapins of Maryland seeing Miami squeak by with two fourth quarter touch downs to claim the victory. Highlights from the game include 2 first quarter interceptions by Miami, both run back for TDs. Credit those to Telemaque and Futch respectively. On the offensive side of the ball highlights included a 62 yd TD pass from Harris to Thompkins and a 4th quarter game breaking 58 yd run by back up running back Mike James.

After the game Player of the Game honors were given to Lamar Miller who ran for 168 yds on 25 attempts and scoring one rushing touchdown. When asked about his team's Week One play Coach Coogan had this to say:

" I was pleased to see our defense get off on such a tear. We lived in Maryland's back field all afternoon getting four sacks, my boy Micanor Regis had two to lead the team. Two interceptions in the first quarter alone, both run back to the house is huge!! We had three picks overall today, which is stellar. I am really proud of his effort. As for the offensive side of the ball, all I can say is at least we won. Harris threw 3 picks and it looks like he will be practicing rather heavy this upcoming week. The rushing game looked solid, but the passing game definitely needs work 8 for 19 for only 154 yards will not cut it in the new look Cane offense."

Box Score:

1st 2nd 3rd 4th FINAL

MIAMI 14 7 0 14 35

MD 0 7 6 13 26
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FlyinHawaiian92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Maryland Does Best Huh??   Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm

too bad their their not playing in this game in real life Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theflyindynasty.forumotion.com
briguy76

PostSubject: Re: What Maryland Does Best Huh??   Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 pm

I think everyone that made any kind of imnpact in this game is playing Week One....Correct me if I am wrong
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FlyinHawaiian92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Maryland Does Best Huh??   Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:07 pm

yea ur right..honestly i still think Miami is going to beat Maryland
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theflyindynasty.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Maryland Does Best Huh??   

Back to top Go down

What Maryland Does Best Huh??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Flyin Dynasty :: Year One :: Week 1-
Jump to: