Share | 

The Real Deal?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FEARtheSPEAR

PostSubject: The Real Deal?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 am

Final Score: Florida State 37 Texas 34
Player of The Game E.J Manuel 406 yards 2 TD's

If there was any doubt about how good Florida State would be this year, it was answered in week 1. In a very hostile environment they were able to travel to Austin and pull out a very crucial W.
The Seminoles lead the entire game until the 4th Quarter with 3mins left. The score was 30-27, when E.J Manuel dropped back and threw a pick at there own 30 yard line which would lead to a Texas touchdown (making the score 34-30) with only 58 seconds left on the clock.
Florida State wouldn't be slow to respond. E.J Manuel took the field and lead the Seminoles on an 8 play 80 yard drive, finishing it off with a 2 yard pass to Willie Haulstead with 15 seconds remaining. Texas would have the opportunity to tie the game on a 62 yard fg but would come just inches short.

Here's what first year coach Joe Hughes had to say,

"I could not be more proud of my guys tonight. We knew what we were up against and that to compete in this game we would have to show up with our A-game, and thats exactly what we did. All of the credit in the world goes out to Texas. They played a hell of a ball game and I wish them the best this year. Heading into week 2 my only concerns are with our secondary. They played very poorly and pretty much allowed Gilbert to do what he wanted with us. We definantly have a lot to work on this week but our program is headed in the right direction."

Next Week: vs. Arizona
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FlyinHawaiian92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Real Deal?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Man this was a crazy game! when i was down 14, i sorta gave up but then i got that pick and i was like wow i can still win this game. ur recievers are beast! i still feel like i coulda ran one more play off before i called that timeout and attempted that 62 yd field goal. anyways ur team is the real deal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theflyindynasty.forumotion.com
fonsoc

PostSubject: Re: The Real Deal?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Those are the type of games that I Love. Palms sweaty , heartracing and cussing at the damn TV!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Real Deal?   

Back to top Go down

The Real Deal?
Page 1 of 1