HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Longhorns lose a close one

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FlyinHawaiian92
Admin

PostSubject: Longhorns lose a close one   Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:56 am

ultimately turnovers were what cost the Longhorns the game. the Longhorns came back with a crucial interception with 2 minutes left leading by 4 but the Longhorns just could not counter the speed FSU had. FSU scored with 15 minutes left and the Longhorns drove the ball to the 45 yd line with 4 seconds left. the Longhorns could of possibly pulled out one more play with about 1 second left but the Longhorns used their last timeout. Tucker tried for the 62 yd field goal but was short about a inch. The final score was 37-34. Here is what the Longhorns coach had to say about the game:

" This lost really hurt. we had our chances but we couldnt cash in. there were a few time where we could of scored a td or a field goal but turned it over or missed a field goal. Ultimately those turnovers would cost us the game. i give alot of credit to FSU for keeping their composure when they were down by 4 with about a minute left. We just couldnt compete with their spd. they burned our secondary the whole game. their team is very talented and has a good chance to make it to the national championship. i also give credit to our team for not giving up at one point we were down by 14 but our team kept our composure and kept playing. i think that once we got our first lead of the game, our defense got too excited and FSU cashed in. We will come back from this. this is only our first game we have 11 more to go. we have alot to learn from this lost."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theflyindynasty.forumotion.com
Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Longhorns lose a close one   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:37 pm

looking at the box score of you game, it looks like it was a back and forth battle, that late td must have been a real gut punch. at least it's early and you can get the longhorns back on track.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Longhorns lose a close one
Page 1 of 1