The Flyin Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flyin Dynasty

The Official Forum For The Flyin Dynasty

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Preview of the BCS Championship Game:

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FEARtheSPEAR

FEARtheSPEAR

Preview of the BCS Championship Game: Empty
PostSubject: Preview of the BCS Championship Game:   Preview of the BCS Championship Game: I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 pm

This year the BCS National Championship game features the #1 South Carolina Gamecocks (SEC Champs) against the #2 Florida State Seminoles (ACC Champs). This game should be very entertaining with 2 of the best powerhouse offenses in college football. The Seminoles come into the game averaging 400+ passing yards a game, lead by QB E.J Manuel. For Florida State it's very important that you don't try and switch up your gameplan. Nobody has been able to stop your passing attack all season long so continue to roll with what works and puts points on the scoreboard. As for South Carolina, it is very important to have there secondary ready for this one because there going to need them. Everyone is going to have to step up and play the best game there capable of in order to win.

Now turning to the South Carolina offense it is very important for defensive coordinator Mark Stoops for Florida State to call a very good game against the three headed monster from South Carolina (Garcia, Jefferey, Lattimore). It's very difficult because you have to prepare for the run as well as the pass. This offense is one that can totally switch there playcalling up if something isn't working and can beat you in many different ways. Here's what Mark Stoops had to say:
"I think it is very important in this game that we get pressure in the backfield early and often. If we can shut down Marcus Lattimore and get pressure on Garcia I think we can force him into some bad passes. I think ultimately this game is going to come down to the turnover battle and 3rd down conversions, and if we can do enough to slow them down and win both of those categories than I really like our shot."

Florida State has faired well against the pass all season long but has struggled with stopping the run. Backs like C. Rainey (Florida) and A. Ellington (Clemson) have all gashed the Seminoles for over 200 yards a game! Florida State was able to shut down Marcus Lattimore last year in the Chick-Fil A Bowl, and if there able to do the same this weekend, they might walk away as the #1 team in the nation. Needless to say, this should be a very exciting game. Best of Luck to both sides.

REMATCH FROM LAST YEAR
Back to top Go down
gjwhite66

gjwhite66

Preview of the BCS Championship Game: Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preview of the BCS Championship Game:   Preview of the BCS Championship Game: I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Haha, nice. We may not be able to play this one today, unfortunately, but I will update you. I may have to head out this afternoon, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
Back to top Go down

Preview of the BCS Championship Game:
Page 1 of 1